Jul 11, 2013
HI,
I think I am not putting enough chemicals in my 12x36 pop up pool. I am new to handling chemicals in the pool also.

My pool water is kind of clear and cloudy, I just did a test strip on it and my readings are as follows:
FC-0/0 (I get ALOT of sun light on the pool, it's in direct sun light)
PH-6.8
TA-40

What do I need to do to get the right levels and what are the correct levels for my pool?

Welcome :)

And when it is said reliable test we DON'T mean the pool store, they aren't reliable either. That's why we say get a good test kit, your testing will be more reliable then most pool stores, and much more convenient.

Just a bit to add to the previous comments, we find that test strip results are nearly useless for pool management. The only test on them that seems to be half way consistent is the pH test, other important test like CYA and FC have way too much room for error. Having said that your pH is too low, most pH tests only read down to 6.8, and anything below 6.8 reads as 6.8, so yours may be lower still. This should be the first thing you address, after that the problem is likely not enough chlorine, but without good test results, particularly for CYA and FC, and some idea on the history of chemical additions to the pool there is little sound advice we can give you.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.