Pool Return Side Spa Bar?

Gary R

LifeTime Supporter
May 11, 2012
Hi to all;

Just wondering if anyone has tried to add a spa bar (manifold) with a few jets to the return side of a pool.

Would it work with a 1HP pump?

Gary R. :-D

So do you mean spa venturi jets and do you mean putting some plumbing over the side of the pool or drilling through the gunite to add the jets.

Thanks for the reply!

Actually, I was just thinking of a manifold that could be plumbed to the 1-1/2" return line and be removed as I remove the eyeball to attach my PoolSkim. Don't know whether my 1HP pump is powerful enough or whether it would actually work.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Gary R.

Ok but have you researched about what type of jet you will be using and the required flow rate? The number jets and the required flow rate per jet will determine the flow rate required and if a single return and pump can handle that.

Also, do you have more than one return? That will reduce flow rate to the jet return.

The biggest problem is you won't have any air in the jet unless you put in a venturi but then you need an air pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.