Automatic Spell Check?

harleysilo

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 1, 2012
North Georgia
I thought misspelled words got underlined in red or something....am i crazy? I see a Spelling button, don't recall every having to use it before. Ha something changed? Se those errors, nothing is telling me they are wrong.....

Many web browsers include continuous spelling error highlighting of text entry fields as a standard browser feature. In most of them you can turn that feature on and off. We have no control over that.

The forum software offers a batch mode spell check using the Spelling button.

Mine will underline to let me know I've misspelled, I can then right click on it and get suggestions. I'm using Pale Moon a derivative of Firefox.

Chrome and Firefox have the auto-spell check built in. Older IE requires an add-on (Speckie) to be installed ... unfortuneately I can not install it here, so now I have to remember to click the button to check (a problem since I rarely use the full editor).

UGH I hate this browser (IE8), just had to retype everything when I switched pages ... never had that problem with Chrome.

Stupid iPad predictive spell checker seems to invent words or use the most obscure words as the preferred word. I have had to look up words it uses in the spell checker to see if it is actually a word.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.