need pump help!

Jun 28, 2013
Update on the leak post I had. Y'all were spot on and after sealin light conduit leak has stopped:) now I have the issue of the pump since the water levelevel dropped to half. I am getting the water I fill in the skimmer basket to flow freely after turning pump on but that's it. The pump will not suck a large amount of water with the skimmmer and main open just a trickle. I do not have anything coming out of my returns. New to pool maintenace had home 2 days now. The water level is over half the skimmer mouth. Any ideas on getting her circulating is appreciated and thank u! O and the filter psi reads 0

First, the easy one....if your pressure reads zero with the pump on, the gauge is bad. It happens fairly often, and it's a cheap fix, so take care of that first.

Second, what kind of equipment? What kind/how big is the filter and pump? Also, please put all of your pool specs in your signature line so we can see what you've got at a glance.

The pump is an emerson 1081 pool motor. The rest I am unsure. The pool is inground fiberglass one main drain and one skimmer with 4 return jets I believe. I will update my signature when I get home at 6 this evening as I do not know much about this pool as of now. I believe we have a sand filter and a 6 position valve? With recirculate filter closed backwash waste and one other. I appologize for my lack of knowledge. Once I can figure out pics I can post them but am not very interweb savvy. Thanks for the reply!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.