Family planning

bof

May 17, 2013
Cyprus
Hi

I know I am new here and a bit of a noob but here is some sound advice about pool maintenance, when your wife suggests the correct procedure to fix the pool just agree then go and do it the real correct way. DO not do what I did and tell here she was wrong then prove it, gig mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hammer: :hammer: :grrrr:

But she still loves me or she said she did when I eventualy came around :p :p :p

Early on in my marriage, I practiced this sentence in front of a mirror over and over. "You're absolutely right, dear."

25 years later, she says she can still detect sarcasm in my voice. I need to work harder on that. :shock: :shock:

LOL. That advice applies to many other situations as well. :p

I recently got a dedicated ice freezer (got tired of having to go to store at last minute just for ice before a party or before heading out of town for a guys weekend at the ranch). DW initially sweated me over the purchase but after a recent party, she admitted that it was very convenient to have. After I came to, I had to make a note of her comment on the calendar for posterity. :mrgreen:

Yeah well, I take care of the pool and pretty much everything else around the house due to my husband's apathy about anything that doesn't involve computers, yet he still likes to be a know-it-all on pretty much every topic. When I comment on checking the pool's stabilizer, my husband is fond of saying, "You can never have too much stabilizer!" After about the fifth time of me explaining why you can have too much stabilizer, he finally admitted, "I know, I know, you know more about this than I do!"

Anything technical or electronic is my domain; I'm a geek from way back. DH is the mechanical one -- plumbing, construction, design -- with decidedly creative vision. The man has remodeled our entire house from the studs out; it's amazing. My kitchen is beautiful -- good thing since I cook three meals a day, seven days a week!

In 13 years of marriage, he's had to say "honey, just trust me" countless times. And he's always been right.

PLEASE don't tell him I said that. :mrgreen:

My husband just said:

I oughta listen to you more because you've been right and I just keep messing up.

*said while in a lot of pain as he spoke through the phone from his hospital bed in the trauma center*

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You are correct, thanks for helping dear
I believe you are correct
Thanks for idea, let me go try that
Yes dear, I believe you are correct
Great idea... I wished I had thought of that...

You are free to use any of the above that still work for you and don't earn you a place on the couch... with a pillow.

23 years of marriage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.