Will a Intex 1600 Sand filter with 10 x 30 AGP connect?

Jul 9, 2013
Hello folks,

My first post. Been reading a lot here over the last few weeks and have already got my pool in great shape with the information, many thanks to all of you. This is our first purchased pool that has any filtration pump and the use of treated water. I got the water within a week to a state of crystal clarity with all of your information. Even though I’m sure to expect some here that may think this pump is overkill for such a small pool, I really only have a few simple questions to ask.

First, I have the stock Intex Model 603 pump that came with the Intex easy set 10 X 30 pool. I have the water in good shape testing with the Taylor K-2006 kit. I’m not satisfied with the stock pump. I really like what I’ve read about this 1600 GPH Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump. I’m having some issues with small debris collecting on the floor surface and general, normal filtering issues. I don’t like the paper filters at all. I thought about going with larger paper units, but when I saw this sand filter it really jumped out at me. Again, this is a pump/filter question for a smaller pool. Water clarity is not an issue at the moment, what do you folks think?

1. Will this pump fit the existing Intex 10 x 30 (round, no metal frame) easy set pool outlet and inlet without cutting the pool, by using adapters?

2. Even if this seems like way to much for such a small pool, will it work without damaging either the pool or the pump?

Anything that I may not anticipate that you folks have information on with experience is why I joined the sight today. I am very impressed by, and glad to be here with this community.

Thanks for all your dedication to helping others find the path to paradise. Large or small. My daughter thanks you as well.

Scott in Iowa

:)

This one would be better sized and connect directly with no adapters.

58126.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bestway-Sand-Fi ... 0565680658

Not sure if you can find this thing over there though.

Thanks folks,

I also found a video on youtube that explains it all for my first question. I linked in to the part I was asking about regarding smaller pool size inlet/outlet adapter fittings. I also read in a few places that it is possible to cut a small amount off the rubber that extends out to actually use the larger fittings, but I'm not going to go there until I actually have the unit in front of me. Before I cross that bridge, I'll check back with you folks. I'll most likely just use the adapter to keep it simple.

http://youtu.be/JHsjsmDtli4?t=5m35s

Thanks again for the input. I really appreciate it. Have a great weekend folks.

Scott in Iowa

:cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.