Order of functions for Pentair Tagelus filter lever?

Jun 8, 2008
I recently moved into a new house with a pool that has Pentair Tagelus filter and never lived in a house with a pool before. The sticker identifies the fuction of the level has faded and peeled off and I can only see backfill, recirculate, and rinse. I can't seem to locate the slot for filter. I looked for manual but it doesn't show that area in question in detail. Any help will be appreciated!

Hello Sam
I have a ta 60 and starts the same going clockwise, backwash, recirculate, rinse, filter, winterize [this position is where the handle does not go in the notch it sits between filter and waste, mine has that imprinted on the plastic in between the notches if you look closely ] waste, closed, and back to backwash etc.
hope this helps
get back to me if you have any questions

Happy swims Frank

I tried that and water was pouring out from the waterdrain pipe non-stop at full force. I had to stop it after 30 sec or so because the area was getting flooded. Faulty equip or different slot? Only setting the water won't come out is backfill. Recirculate setting also floods the area as wel.

Sorry for late reply but this thread sort of disappeared and reappeared. Any everything is working fine. I am an idiot, that is all. I was thinking that the location of the level was what mattered instead of the small piece that was in the slot itself. :) I have been running filter pretty long, using more chlorine and backfiltering. Plus algecide. Those things got the pool cleaned up real fast! Now my my family can enjoy the pool! Thanks again for the info! Now if I can only figure out how to operate the little waterfalls at the end of the pool! :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.