Stenner dosage questions

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
my pool is ready for the Stenner to be plugged in and go "online".

I purchased a Stenner model 45M5 (got a great price on it at $70.) It has the adjustable flow ring on it as well. If it's set to "L" or low it is 2.5gpd, and if it's set to "10" or high it'll pump 50 gallons per day.

Anyway. I also got the anti-siphon injector for it too. I know people use this with the High Pressure Stenners..I assume it'll still work for the low pressure unit that I have? Can anyone confirm that?

Ok, So I am needing to figured out where I need to set my stenner at and how much time I need on the timer to keep my FC at 5ppm. Can anyone help me out figuring that out? I assume I need to know how much FC I lose over the course of a 24 hour period.

Right now my numbers are:
pH: 7.5
FC 4
CC 0
CYA 25 (it was between 20 and 30)
Temp 80F

So..hope you guys can help me to get my stenner dialed in to the correct dosage setting.

Thanks much for your time
Dan

The injection check valve will be just fine on that pump.

What timer do you have.

You need an idea of how much FC you lose in a 24 hour period. and what strength bleach you're using.
I figure about 2 to 3 ppm which is about 3 quarts of 8.25% per day. That means you could run your pump on L for about 7 hours per day. Or on 5 for about 45 minutes. If I did the math right! :?

Bama..I use 12.5% Sodium Hypo ( I can get 4 gallons for $9.00 locally). I figured I'd go on the high side to start off with at 3ppm per day and see where that takes me. The timer I have is a 120v, 15amp, "dial kind" you push the little "pins" in for when you want the item to run, and keep the out when the unit is to be "off" So a fairly simple timer.

so what would 3ppm per day be using the 12.5% stuff?

I just installed a stenner - basically I figured out my lose daily, then setup my pump to run for 60 minutes, which is 50 some oz with my pump. 50 0z is what the pool calc said and what I was using for a week before the pump.

Since then, (been a month) tested every day, then every other day, then 3 times a week. I am ALWAYS within my range based on my CYA. I LOVE IT!

Best of luck

Sorry I wasn't more helpful, And I didn't take the time to do the math last night. (I was guessing) :hammer:

Your pool should use about 2 quarts of 12.5% per day. On the lowest setting it should take about 5 hours to inject that much into the system. Or about 30 minutes on setting #5.

Ok, so I took a FC reading last night at 9pm after swimming was done for the day, and then did another reading tonight at 9pm,(24 hours later).....I had a FC loss of 5ppm. Now, granted my CYA is only at somewhere between 20-25 right now, so I assume a bit more chlorine is being leached out of the water right now than normally would. So I THINK for now, I am going to set it up for 4ppm loss per day, and see where that lands me after a few days of use.

Any thoughts????

Dan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
yeah. I have to get it bumped up some more most definitely. I just had a liner repair done, and had all new water to the pool..so just finished shocking and so wanted my CYA low for the initial shock, so I didn't have to use as much Chlorine. Now that all parameters are in check, it's time to get the CYA up to 50!

I got mine on Ebay. it is the 45M5..and it's totally adjustable from the low setting which puts out 2.5gpd, up the the number 10 "hi" setting which will put out 50 gallons per day. I have it set right now to the Low setting at 6 hours per day to start, and see what my FC numbers look like. Works like a charm.

I won the auction at $70.00 and free shipping. Can't beat that with a stick.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.