Pool Planning Stages

Jul 9, 2013
I am in the planning stages of installing a pool in my backyard. I'm either looking at doing an oval aboveground 16x32 or a rectangular onground pool made by Aquastar pools. The location of the pool will be on a downward slope from my exisiting patio. I plan to install a deck right off my patio, with a few steps down to the pool deck. I will probably need a retaining wall on the high side of the hill and build the pool into the hill. Any tips or suggestions in choosing the aboveground or the onground? Thank you

Some AG pools can be buried or partially buried with the dirt fill right up against the pool wall. Doughboy and others make AG pools capable of being buried to the water line or higher.

To my knowledge on-ground and above ground are the same thing. I could be wrong.

I'm really not looking to bury the pool, since it will be installed on a downward slope dug into the hill. I'm trying to figure out if a retaining wall will be needed and if I should go with the on ground made if wood and steel or the normal doughboy oval pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.