just getting started

Jun 27, 2013
new pool owners need help

My wife and I just bought our very first pool this year. I really need help, We bought an summer escape 16' x 48" round AG POOL.
I picked the very best spot in our yard that looked pretty level, I even put sand in the spots that looked low, while filling the pool everything seemed
fine and level until the water reached its proper hiegth.The pump sits higher than the water line can I dig around the side of the pump to level out the pool or do I really need to drain, I really don't want to drain and have to fill it up again with the cost of water. Please can someone help me out .
Thank You

Re: new pool owners need help

Thanks for answering;
The pool is titled, the side with the filter is higher than the water line so I can't use the pump to use the filter. I hope I'm explaining this well enough to understand what I'm asking.

Re: new pool owners need help

basjas86 said:
Thanks for answering;
The pool is titled, the side with the filter is higher than the water line so I can't use the pump to use the filter. I hope I'm explaining this well enough to understand what I'm asking.
If the pool is more than an inch out of level, your worst fear is true. there's no way to fix it without draining.

If the pool is level, but the pump is up hill, then I see a lot of pick and shovel work and a retaining wall in your immediate future.

Merged topics. Please keep all info in this thread so that responders can see the history :wink: Butterfly

This is a follow up from my first letter. Our pool tilted to one side making it unleveled and the pump and filter was higher than the water line. I drained our pool now do I raise the lower side or lower the high to make it level. What is the easiest thing to do so we can enjoy our pool while there is still sometime left to enjoy our new pool.
Thank You

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.