Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward 6-position PermaGlass XL Vari-Flo valve label?

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward 6-position PermaGlass XL Vari-Flo valve label?

Looking for the top label for the above. It is the valve on top of the Hayward S220T filter. Mine has complete disintegrated - I can't read a thing on it anymore. Can not find one locally. The local pool suppliers recommended I use either nail polish or a grease pencil to mark which stop on the way around the circle is which (i. e. - filter, rinse, backwash, etc). That just won't work for me. I've contacted several Hayward dealers online via e-mail and so far, no response.

Any information you can provide would be most helpful.

Thanks!

Photo:
    [img][/img]
    ____________________________________________________________ __________________
    IG VL, 18'x36'x5', Hayward S220T sand filter, Hayward gas heater, MagneTek 1HP pump, Hayward automatic chlorinator, solar cover, Kreepy Krauly. Pool was hole in the ground that I put my money into for the past 5 years but thanks to TFP that changed and I'm enjoying being a pool owner.

2. Back To Top    #2
    They don't sell the label separately. As far as I can tell, you would need to replace the entire multi-port valve to get a factory label. If you are handy with a computer you might be able to make a new label from a photo of a new valve and some waterproof label paper for your printer.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Thanks, Jason. Wonderful idea. Do you or anyone else on the site have what each position on the valve is? I actually have a water proof label maker that won't look perfect but at least the labels will adhere and they will be readable and are waterproof.
    ____________________________________________________________ __________________
    IG VL, 18'x36'x5', Hayward S220T sand filter, Hayward gas heater, MagneTek 1HP pump, Hayward automatic chlorinator, solar cover, Kreepy Krauly. Pool was hole in the ground that I put my money into for the past 5 years but thanks to TFP that changed and I'm enjoying being a pool owner.