High CYA, will reverse osmosis help vs drain and fill

ymee

Jul 8, 2013
My pool has a CYA that's higher than 120 and I'm starting to see algae pop up in places due to low FC. I read the only way to reduce CYA level is to drain and replace some of the water. I am in San Diego and found a service on the net http://poolservicestech.com/ that claims to use reverse osmosis to clean the existing pool water and also claim it reduces the CYA levels. Does anyone have any experience with a service like this?

Yes it will work, also reduces the CH. The RO seems to only be available in southern California and Arizona, so it does not get mentioned much. Also generally it is still cheaper to just replace the water.

There are a few threads where before and after results were posted. If you do it, please report the results.

FYI, I was just trying to compile a list of places where this was available yesterday and happen to know there is at least one other company in San Diego that does it, so certainly shop around.

cool..I will give them a call tomorrow to get an idea of cost. I was considering draining part of the pool but stumped as to where I would empty that much water...there don't seem to be any storm drains near where I live and draining it onto the street may cause my neighbors to get upset...dunno.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.