L.E.D. Lighting

Ty Loudonno! Yes it is an L shaped pool. But Would 2 be enough as I understand these lights are way less bright than standard pool lights? (That's why I also thought could be ok to face the house.) How about 3 Jandy 12 v led pool lights facing away from the house? Also, how bout sides of the pool? Why not there?

Alizastrohli Post subject: Re: L.E.D. LightingPosted: July 10th, 2013, 6:58 am
New User

Ty Loudonno! Yes it is an L shaped pool. But Would 2 be enough as I understand these lights are way less bright than standard pool lights? (That's why I also thought could be ok to face the house.) How about 3 Jandy 12 v led pool lights facing away from the house? Also, how bout sides of the pool? Why not there? Anyone & everyone that shed light on this subject are asked to reply please! Ty!!

This is really a question of personal preference. More lights will provide more illumination. The L shape means you want at least two lights. Beyond that, it is difficult to guess at your preferences.

Most people prefer the lights to not point at the house, but again this is a personal preference issue.

Ty JasonLion! I'm thinking 3-4 along length of pool facing away from house. One on the 1st stair/sun shelf and the other 3 evenly distributed along pool wall. Would it be redundant to have a light placed on the pool wall below the light placed at the stairs/sun shelf?? And how about on either side of the pool? One at the shallow end and one at the deep. Was thinking to put a light on each end. Any reason not to? Remember these are 12 v led lights which I've heard are less bright. Please advise!! Need to decide by this afternoon!

Ty ComputerGuyinNola!! Sorry abt ur lighting situation but that's great info for me to have!! What do you think of six Jandy 12 v led lights in my 14'x19'-6"x30' pool? One on each side (shallow end and deep end) and 3 evenly distributed along pool wall facing away from house plus one more at stairs? (As stated above) Just want to make sure it's not overkill... Anyone can weigh in!! Tia!!

There are videos online of jandy led lights in operation, perhaps watching one of those might help.The 12 volt vs 120 volt light output should be the same.I have one hayward colorlogic in my 16 x 32 rectangle and i can see in the pool fine.The shallow end is dim on certain colors but i can still see.But I can also see where someone else might want more light.like lion said personal pref.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.