Help with targets?

Hey all. Posted a few days ago in another topic about getting my test kit and next steps...that convo came to a stand still, so I'm hoping to get some final help with my target levels to put into pool calculator when my FAS-DPD kit comes in and i'm ready to start the shock process. (green pool currently, sigh). I want to know which of the BBB chemicals to purchase and what to add to get all my chemistry in balance!

So my levels the other day were (and I fully intend to retest once full kit is here)

Currently at: (and I'm aware that we literally have no chlorine in the pool; we went away to NY for a week and came back knowing we'd start fresh, only have the dreaded tablets I've been told not to use, so we haven't added anything until we know for sure what to do for shocking process)
FC: 0
TC: 0
pH: 7.4
TA: 50
CYA: 45
CH: 110

Based on my stats below, any help with what targets should be at? If CYA is 45, using the chart I found here on tfp I should be FC shock level of around 18 (between 16 and 20), correct? So I'm going to maintain at shock level until the three criteria are met (CC of .5 ppm, overnight loss test of 1.0 or less, clear pool)....anything else I have to do? I know my TA should also be higher, between 70-90+...so my real question is, with such a range, 70-90, what do I put in as my target for the pool calculator??

Any help is sooooo appreciated!!

I want to know which of the BBB chemicals to purchase and what to add to get all my chemistry in balance!
Right now, all you need is plain, unscented liquid bleach without any thickeners...and lots of it. Job 1 is to get rid of the algae which involves SLAMing the pool (formerly called The Shock Process). As soon as your FAS-DPD kit arrives, you can begin this process. Once the pool is cleaned up, we can then focus on any water balancing adjustments that may be needed.

weilerfamily0906 said:
If CYA is 45, using the chart I found here on tfp I should be FC shock level of around 18 (between 16 and 20), correct?
Yes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.