Can gorilla pad replace flimsy blue tarp under pool?

May 26, 2013
Tennessee
Sorry but I have another gorilla pad question. Can it take the place of that flimsy blue tarp that comes with the intex pools? From reading, I think its more for liner protection than comfort under foot. So before (or if) I purchased one, I wondered if it could be used for that purpose.

The only thing "safe" to put under the pool for a little more comfort is the sheets of insulating foam. Sand will eventually get washed out and cause leveling issues.
I would go with a gorilla pad over the intex paper like tarp, the tarp intex gives is just junk it's not even worth trying to use it. Rocks always seem to work there way up and easily tear through the intex tarp.
I bought my 3rd intex pool new this season and I was very unhappy that they still use the same worthless ground cloth. I guess I kinda hoped I would get a better one with the ultra frame.
Even with the clunky ladder, undersized filter and paper like ground cloth these pools are well worth their price. My 20 month old son loves pool time and actually tried to swim his second time in, his older brother and sister also spend many hours in the pool. I can't wait until we get our own house, I've had such s great experience with intex pools that I will be getting a bigger one for our future home. Sorry I will stop now I'm veering way off topic.

Those tarps that come with intex are a joke in my opinion. I thought the same thing about thinking with an ultra frame pool you would get better quality with the tarp really. Because the pool itself is nice. Thanks for the feedback.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.