NatureSoft system displaying low salt inspect cell issue

G

I have an older Naturesoft system and a brand new replacement t-15 cell from Compupool. I cannot generate cholorine and my system lights are telling me to "inspect cell" and "low salt". I have ruled out pool chemistry. My ph is 7.6, my phosphates are non existent, my salt level is testing at 2700 at the store. I even took my cell into the store and they put it on the tester machine and it passes. I don't know where to look next. My system is showing a salt level of 1200 so the system won't generate. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I tried the recalibration instructions I found online, but I never get a salt reading of higher than 1200 to reset to.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

There is a chance that the replacement cell you got is bad or for some reason not compatible with the older controller (although I think the older systems ONLY work with the T-15 and not the smaller cells). Have you contacted Compupool?

2700ppm is too low on the salt anyway, but that would not explain the 1200ppm it is reporting.

Yes, this new cell is a warranty replacement cell that I just received a few days ago. The pool store just tested it today and it generated chlorine on their test system. It is compatible with my system. The cell it replaced did work when I first got it so I'm not concerned with the compatibility issue. I'm wondering if my control board could be bad. I have heard that they can go bad, but still display.

One more thing I forgot to mention. I had a pool company come out a few weeks ago and they said my pool was low on salt and added quite a bit. I called them yesterday and they swear that the store reading is wrong and that they added enough to where it should be a lot higher than 2700. I think I will take another sample to another store and have it tested again.

I have now ruled out low salt. I checked my owners manual and they suggest a range of 2500 - 3200 as optimal. I'm in that range with 2700. So now what to do?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.