Metal Stains or Scaling?

mikesig83

Jun 21, 2012
DFW, TX
Hello TFP members,

Recently I’ve been noticing what looks like metal stains getting bigger on my pool floors. I can’t tell if it is calcium scaling or some type of metal stain. It is very strange thing because when I look at the bottom of the pool when it is sunny outside, it looks absolutely perfect. I cannot see any stains. When it is cloudy or starting to get dark, I can clearly see the stains. I’d say it covers roughly half to three quarters of the surface. It seems to be getting worse, too. Anyone have any idea on what it could be? It’s a yellowish type stain and has a lot of coverage (meaning, it is not spotty). It does not come off by scrubbing. I can try to post some pics if I can catch it in the right light (hard to do here with the blazing TX sun).

In February, I tried to do an ascorbic acid treatment (thinking it was a metal stain). It did not work at all. It says to put the filter on circulate. What does that mean? When I went to clean my filter (cartridge), I noticed a lot of heavy white stuff in there. Almost like wet toothpaste. It took me forever to clean. I’m wondering if I need to take out the filter cartridge when doing the ascorbic treatment.

Appreciate any insight you all may have.
Thanks,
Mike

Flower Mound. Nice, I'm in FM as well. I will post some when I get home tonight. Over the past six months, I've been trying to make sure my CSI is within range. I did notice my pH creeping up during that time frame. Will post later this evening. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.