Pool pilot dig-220 power module capacitor cans bulging

The unit is not working, that was how I found out about the caps(when I opened the box)
Pool pilot seems to think the display board is the problem but I need to call them back and be
at the unit with a meter for them to determine the exact part that is bad.

Any bulging capacitor should be replaced asap. With bulging caps, at least a couple of things can happen...both of them bad. First of all, the capacitor can short out internally and destroy other components which may or may not be much more expensive than a replacement cap. Finally, the cap can continue to bulge and finally explode, spilling its "internals" all over the inside of the unit. Bulging, as in capacitor or stomach, is a predictor of things to come and should not be ignored!

I will need to get the info on the caps so I can order. Any suggestions where I may find this info?
The problem with the pool pilot was a bad doublre pole switch that supplies 220 power to the controller.
I replace the switch and the controller came right up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.