Pentair vs Hayward filters

Where did those results come from?

Order the kit NOW so it will bo to you early next week :whip:

Likely the FC > 5ppm if those are pool store results ... and how did the phosphates miraculously disappear?
In a pinch you can dilute the pool water with distilled water and use the pink DPD kit with multiplication factors:
50 pool / 50 distilled ... Factor x2
33/66 ... x3
25/75 ... x4

Both tests done at Leslie's by different people. Agree with phosphates. Trying to find some CYA in the area. Otherwise what else? I think I might wait until the AM and see what's up. Thoughts??? Alkalinity dropped. i agree with you about my FC is higher than their reading. Thoughts on what, if anything, I should do before it runs over night?

Good morning. I just looked outside from my upstairs window and I can see the Aquabot pretty good sitting at bottom of the pool. I know my original post of "my pool is green" is subjective, but i'm very happy with the rsults of 24 hours! Looks like I am on my way to getting the water good enough for party tomorrow afternoon. Test kit is on its way, but won't be here until next week. Will test water again at pool store this AM. I'm sure filter needs to be cleaned too. I slammed four times yesterday, once before bedtime. Ran pump over night. Added baking soda and stabilizer ( I couldn't find 20 Mule). You guys really kept me on track! Where do I send the case of beer!!!

this morning's test:
FAC 1
TAC 1
PH 7.0
TA 90
CYA 30
Calcium hardness 280
Salt 2750

Looks like I still had algae or something in the water overnight. Makes sense to me as I slammed it yesterday.
Cleaned filter this AM too. Third time I cleaned filter totally since yesterday AM (pulled out cartridges and hosed off). All good so far. Increasing pH and adding liquid chlorine and CYA in a few hours. Thoughts?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Normal recomended cl levels for cya of 30 are 3-7 so to slam it you would want to be higher than normal level (we may have a communication barrier of some sort) but the slaming procces requires you to maintain Shock levels of cl until 3 things happen reread slaming procces please

You said it, as I was thinking it. Communication is an interesting thing. Doing the best I can without the kit. It's on order. Regardless, Friday morning my pool was green and I could barely see the bottom of the shallow end 3'. New filter and following your slam process as best I can. I'm on the upward slope of the learning curve here. My pool is now clear, very clear!! Extremely happy. I do understand that I am still in need of the kit and need to complete the slam process until my TAC doesn't drop more than 1 overnight. Thanks! Picking up my beer now.

Good morning. I have the K-2006 and am testing water for the first time. The chlorine test says if free chlorine is present, sample will turn pink. I must not have any free chlorine present because no change in color to water in test tube when I added the R0870. So how do I know how much chlorine to add?

The amount of FC you need is dependent upon your CYA level.

Test for CYA, go to the FC/CYA chart in pool school and it will suggest where your FC should be.

Then, go to poolcalculator.com to calc your dosage.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.