good robotic cleaner?

bkfamily1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2013
North Canton, OH
I have a fairly large (20x40 with 8 ft deep end about 30,000 gallon) in-ground pool. With 9 kids, it gets a great deal of use. I have a suction side auto cleaner (Hayward DV5000). Besides the fact that I am having other issues (see my other post), I am thinking this type of cleaner may not be the best for this pool as I read that suction side cleaners were best for small to medium pools. I am thinking a robotic cleaner may be better. I have 2 questions. Would a robotic cleaner in fact be a better fit for this pool? If so, does anyone have any recommendations on good reliable cleaners?

Thanks

I've tried many..and keep coming back to the same company. Maytronics Dolphin either Diagnostic or Orion. BOTH are great cleaners, and pick up a TON of debris! I have a 26,000 gallon AGP pool and 8 kids, so am close to your situation. I have tried many others such as: Kreepy Krauly, Lady bug, KleenMachine, Pool Rover Jr., I-robot Verro, Aquabot S2 50, and NONE of them have the cleaning power, gusto that the Dolphin Diagnostic or Orion have. They are pricey, but well worth the money.

Hope that helps
Dan

I will say this..Maytronics has HORRIBLE customer service, but they just make a darn good product. On the plus side, there is a pool company out in New Jersey ( if I remember right) that are now factory authorized for Dolphin "bot" repair, help, etc. They are much better at communicating with you than the actual company.

Again, I highly recommend a Dolphin Bot.

I have the dolphin dx3 and have been using it for an all of about 2 weeks. it is unbelievable but then again i am coming from using a polaris pressure side cleaner and a barracuda suction side cleaner. never had a robot until now and went by everyones recommendations on the maytronics. very happy with the cleaner. if the cleaner runs over something it picks it up. awesome.

I have to agree with the previous posts that Dolphin/Maytronics makes the best cleaners. I've been using Aquabots for over 20 years now and purchased my first Dolphin about 2 weeks ago. My new M5 is a vast improvement over my previous Aquabot turbo. My new M5 isn't climbing the walls as well as my previous Aquabot but hopefully I will be able to resolve that soon in spite of their poor support.

flyweed said:
I will say this..Maytronics has HORRIBLE customer service, but they just make a darn good product. On the plus side, there is a pool company out in New Jersey ( if I remember right) that are now factory authorized for Dolphin "bot" repair, help, etc. They are much better at communicating with you than the actual company.

Again, I highly recommend a Dolphin Bot.

I would love their name if you can find it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Anybody have any experience with the Aqua Products Eco Jet Turbo? I like the idea of the water jet propulsion and the filter bag instead of a cartridge plus the price is decent. I have read some great published reviews but I'm not sure if those came from their PR firm.

the only problem with the units that use water jets as their propulsion systems is, once those bags start getting full of debris. it also starts blocking those propulsion ports..and thus, the robot slows down significantly, or even stops all together, on really dirty cleanups. The bots like the Dolphins we are talking about have two seperate motors..one for suction and another to drive the wheels/tracks. Therefore they continue to power through the gunk, even as the bags are filling up. There's really no comparison

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.