Need advice for removing inground pool ladder

Can you post a picture of the ladder and cups? If the cups have a wedge, then the wedge needs to be pushed down. PB blaster, as mentioned, can help loosen stuck parts.

Sometimes a rubber hammer can help. Sometimes you have to remove the treads so that you can rotate the rails separately while lifting.

Is there a reason that the ladder needs to come out now?

If you have aluminum cups, then they are probably very corroded, as they become a sacrificial anode to pretty much everything else on the bond wire. In some cases, you will have to cut the cups out of the deck to get the rails out. You could also cut the rails flush with the deck if all else fails.

I want to get the ladder out because it has rusted areas, at & below the water line, & I have a new ladder to replace it with.
We still have had no luck getting it out. I have a pool guy coming out first of the week to do it for us.
Thanks so much for the responses.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.