AquaLink not communicating with valve?

tbil

Jun 14, 2011
Noticed that my Jandy AquaLink no longer communicates with the Jandy valve that moves the solar on/off valve. The valve moves just fine if you use the switch on the valve, but doesn't respond with the controller inside the house or per the programed on/off times. Made sure wires are connected at the circuit board, suggestions on how to trouble shoot? Also use to get a solar temp display on the inhouse controller which is no longer there.

Know there is a sensor up on the roof that reads temp and allows for some overides like freeze protect and max limits, any chance that's where the problem resides or is this a board problem?

Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks for the input! Just double checked programming, all good. Can't make the valve move with the AquaLink - so my problem is either between AquaLink and the board or perhaps something to do with the sensor that also feeds into the system? Thanks again.

Should be able to check the voltage, have a meter and basic knowledge. I'll see what I can figure out tonight - anything specific I should be looking for?

(small switch on the actuator is working, toggles the valve open or closed, doesnt respond however to the Aqualink controller in the house when left in either up or down position)

Thanks

It's working! Problem was in the SW setup as suggested. In system setup no JVA was assigned, how that changed after 8 years of working just fine?

Thanks so much for the help in narrowing down the problem, really appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.