1st Post, Burring an Intex 9' x 18'

May 15, 2013
Florida
Hello, I am new to the site and to AGPs.

I did a lot of research and couldn't find anyone who has put an 9' x 18' Intex Pool in the ground. So here is the process of me doing it. I don't have a lot of room in my back yard and didn't want the pool to be so high off the ground.

Here are some of the questions I have so far:
1. What Test Kit is recommended to check my water?
2. The Pool is up and filled and the output valve is leaking ever so slightly at the twist connection seal, any suggestions?

[attachment=2:2dshgewv]Pool001_opt.jpg[/attachment:2dshgewv]
[attachment=1:2dshgewv]Pool002_opt.jpg[/attachment:2dshgewv]
[attachment=0:2dshgewv]Pool003_opt.jpg[/attachment:2dshgewv]

Attachments

• Pool001_opt.jpg
    Pool001_opt.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 870
  • Pool002_opt.jpg
    Pool002_opt.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 863
  • Pool003_opt.jpg
    Pool003_opt.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 862
More Pics

[attachment=2:1oqgedyh]Pool004_opt.jpg[/attachment:1oqgedyh]
[attachment=1:1oqgedyh]Pool005_opt.jpg[/attachment:1oqgedyh]
[attachment=0:1oqgedyh]Pool006_opt.jpg[/attachment:1oqgedyh]

Attachments

• Pool004_opt.jpg
    Pool004_opt.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 856
  • Pool005_opt.jpg
    Pool005_opt.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 854
  • Pool006_opt.jpg
    Pool006_opt.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 857
Wow, this is exciting to watch!! I can't wait to see it fully up! As for test kit, I have the TF100 and love it! Can't help much with the leak. I am constantly adjusting and fighting a leak at the inlet on my splash a round pool (similar to yours).

Here are my finished idea I sketched out.

[attachment=2:1ujrr206]Pool01.JPG[/attachment:1ujrr206]
[attachment=1:1ujrr206]Pool02.JPG[/attachment:1ujrr206]
[attachment=0:1ujrr206]Pool03.JPG[/attachment:1ujrr206]

Attachments

• Pool01.JPG
    Pool01.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 795
  • Pool02.JPG
    Pool02.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 793
  • Pool03.JPG
    Pool03.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 789

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Make sure you leave a way to access the pool for repairs. Even if you have to dismantle part of the decking just ensure it is modular enough to to so.

- Sent using Tapatalk

Make sure you leave a way to access the pool for repairs. Even if you have to dismantle part of the decking just ensure it is modular enough to to so.
My plans are to make the whole deck system modular. I will be starting on the deck this weekend if the thunderstorms will let me.

Did you dig this all by hand?? How long did the dig and leveling take? And how long to assemble the pool?
Yes i dug it all by hand. I live in the Tampa Bay area in Florida, our dirt is mostly sand. The 1st 10"-12" is like top soil and then it is all sand after that. It took me 3 weekends to dig, build my retaining walls, level and set-up. I had help from a friend on one of those weekends. Pool set-up was the easiest it took me about 2 hours to do that. I designed my retaining wall so there was a lip at the 2' depth, I used that to level the ground. It worked out great. I surprised myself on how level everything was. I leveled my eye first and then went back with a 2x4 with a level attached to it. That took about 3 hours and it kicked my butt. That lip is also being used to support the legs. I didn't have to use concrete pavers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.