unlevel pool question.

tdaddy

Jul 8, 2013
hello.

great website and forum.

I just purchased 16 by 48 summer pleasures metal frame pool. i had a guy come out and level ground. then i dumped 1 ton of sand on it and leveled it just for foot comfort and smoothness. i did not check level of ground again before(duh) before i put down tarp and set up pool.

I put 7x8 size 3/4 thick pressure treated plywood( beveled on pool side) screwed in to black feet of pool legs for stability and anti-sinking. i have pool filled up to a foot of water.

at one pool leg highest level reads 12 1/4 inch lowest level 9 3/4 inch so i am off 2 1/2 inches from high to low
most of the pool reads between 10 and 11 inches.

my questions are

i was worried that with the plywood under the legs i would get liner stretching. but actually the liner is sitting on or close to the feet(feet are wrapped in 4 layers of blue tarp) on about 60% of the legs.( i have side-leveled the legs to make sure they are level(vertically) not leaning in towards pool or out.

so should i stick another piece of 3/4 inch plywood under the low side leg since my liner does not look so stretched(pressured)??

I have lifted up tarp and dug around the high side as much as i can.

would not like to drain pool as water is expensive here :roll:

thanks for any replies!! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.