Question about sealer between steps and concrete

Apr 21, 2008
I have a IG pool with steps at one end. I filled the crack between the steps and concrete before with just plain old caulk ( clear). Over the years the caulk got dirty and looks bad so I removed all I could. No does anyone have suggestions on what to use to fill this in? I have enclosed a few pics of the area and my pool.

Mike

Some of the liner pool people may have a better solution but I would clean out the old caulking and re-caulk. While the caulk is still wet I would embed sand that matches the surrounding concrete into the wet caulk.

Sorry, I can't help either... I have an above ground too AND I want my dog back! :lol:

Here is my girl Casey swimming!

If she sees you grab a towel and you have your swim suit on and you don't take her, there's gonna be trouble!

Mike,

Clean out the old Caulk as cleanly as you can.

If the crack is really deep, you can insert "backer rod" down into the crack to provide support for the new caulk.

Easily the most durable and appropriate caulk is polyurethane...it's available in many colors.

It is not very user friendly. You must tape both sides of the seam with masking tape and then apply the caulk very carefully trowling the top surface level with a small putty knife.

It'll take a day or so to dry but when it does, you will have an attractive, flexible joint that will last for years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.