Just getting started on fixing the prior homeowners mess

May 24, 2013
Rose Hill Kansas
I just closed on my house and moved in on the first of july and this is what was waiting for me to figure out what all is happening under the surface
7213.jpeg

after a bit of blind leaf raking i ended up here
7513.jpeg

a bit more blind leaf raking and vacum to waste with a little water replacement and after a decent drain down a foot of water
7613.jpeg

and as of 15 miniutes ago and still refilling to the skimmer
7713.jpeg

i still get a bunch of gunk on the bottom as it settles out but its not nearly as bad
i have fished out of the bottom thus far
2 stainless steel rusting dog dishes
2 balls
toypedoes
a bbq grill cover
bits of tarp.
tons of leaves and decaying junk

at this point im trying to get the pool to take chlorine but its a slow process as im still getting Crud out and having to vacuum to waste just so i know im not putting a bunch of leaves and what not into my filter. But as each day goes by it gets better and better so hopefully with my busy work schedule i can get to enjoy my pool well before labor day weekend

Thank you we just got done with the first vacuum and brushing that wasn't to waste. And just did a full set of levels.
PH 7.2
FC 11.5
CC 2
TC 13.5
TA 110
CH 370
CYA 40

This is the first test that the FC level actually jumped a ton. So we are almost to shock levels :).

blemaire said:
Thank you we just got done with the first vacuum and brushing that wasn't to waste. And just did a full set of levels.
PH 7.2
FC 11.5
CC 2
TC 13.5
TA 110
CH 370
CYA 40

This is the first test that the FC level actually jumped a ton. So we are almost to shock levels :).
Well, take it up to shock level again! At night, there's no UV rays breaking down the bleach, so 100% of it can go to killing algae.

Oh I've been on the march to even get to shock levels lol. And I just put in the bottle of 8.25% that will put me over the top finally. And I'm hitting that after the sun goes down, so bonus there. Now to keep it up and see what my loss over night is. As well as during the day while the wife and I are at work. I'm just ecstatic to see a marked increase in the numbers and appearance of the water after only one week.
For comparison the numbers I got the first day I had my TF- 100 and now

Day 1. Now
PH 8.2+. PH 7.2
FC 0. FC 14
CC 0. CC 2
TA 120. TA 110
CH 550 CH 370
CYA 0 CYA 40

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.