Dolphin Supreme M4 brush question

Jul 7, 2013
We purchased a Supreme M4 pool cleaner. We have a vinyl liner pool. The vacuum comes with what looks like the "Combined Brush". It looks like my pool requires the "PVC Brush". Looking closer, the brush that came installed on the M4 looks to me as the Combined Brush. So a few questions that I hope people can answer for me:

1). Does the Combined Brush work on vinyl liners and all my problems solved?

2). Do I need to purchase the PVC brush that doesn't come with the product?

3). Can I remove the white foam rings off the brushs and all is ok?

Please help!! Looking forward to using this product ASAP but I won't risk damaging my liner.

Thanks for all your help!!

You can use it without any damage to your liner. All the M4's and M5's in the US come with the combined brush and for the most part work just fine, although some of us are having trouble with the cleaner climbing to the waterline. I just removed my foam rings today to see if it would improve climbing, but it had no affect. I just finished putting them back on. A combined brush with the foam rings removed is almost the same as a PVC brush with one exception: you now have bald spots where the foam rings were removed. A true PVC brush has rubber fingers there like the rest of the brush.

thanks for the reply. I appreciate the feedback. It looks like the foam rings are installed on top of the rubber fingers. There seems to be some fingers that are "sqwished" under the foam ring.

If anyone else has similar issues, please post your feedback! Much appreciated!!

Try wetting your foam rings. They will turn into a very soft sponge. This will allow you to lift them to see underneath. If it's like mine there are no fingers under them. Yours is an M4 with the full roller and mine is an M5 with the split rollers so they could be different but I bet not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.