SWG question

MBG75

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2013
Long Island
Sorry if this is a basic question.

Have a ig pool build starting next month. I'm looking to do the BBB method and considering a SWG.
PB uses haywood products. My question is if going BBB, do I need a basic haywood SWG or should I look into the pro or pro plus units which measure ph and orp.
Pool will be 16x36 3.5' to 8' deep.

JamesW said:
Although I don't think that automating pH and ORP are helpful. I do think that automation can be a good choice depending on your budget and options. You might want to consider the ProLogic or the AquaPlus.

http://www.hayward-pool.com/ctg/In-Grou ... /index.htm

We just had our pool built (finished 6/7/13) and the PB installed the basic Hayward automation and SWG. Now we have figured out that we want more control over the system (and the ability to turn things off/on using our cell phones) so we are looking at upgrading to either the ProLogic or AquaPlus. I would definitely investigate thoroughly first, so you aren't changing things only a month after your pool build!

Carley

Still trying to decide. Basic pool electrical panel, 8 breaker slots with 1 timer is $200. I plan to go salt water and looks like a basic aqua rite with cell is $1100.

Pro logic panel with salt cell will run about $1400.

So, if I priced it out correctly, it's about a $100 difference to have future options available, and connectivity.

Does this sound correct?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.