jp4120

May 11, 2012
Norristown, PA
sorry if this seems like a repeat or is listed elsewhere
PH = 7.3
TA = 70
CH = 200
CYA = 40

1. should I bring the TA up to 90/100 first...then test everything again?
or also bring up the CH to 250 at the same time?

2. I will wait to test PH again, but to raise PH what is best chemical to use (I have some Leslies soda ash a couple years old) or should I get some borax or something else?

wondering if there is a preferred sequence here...or if I am splitting hairs trying to get more optimal levels?
thx

I'd just go swimming, myself. CSI is still in the safe zone. You're in the enviable position where you can chlorinate with Cal-hypo, so that's what I'd do if I was you. Everything but CH is good.

Soda Ash is great for raising pH, and since you already have it, use it up! But not right now - pH is fine.

jp4120 said:
should I use di/tri chlor pucks that I have on hand or go buy some cal-hypo ----have lots of chlorox around too..
Cal hypo, for the reasons stated below. But I see no reason to make a special trip to buy Cal-hypo if you have Clorox on hand. Just next time you need to resupply, buy the cal hypo instead of more Clorox.

But don't throw the trichlor pucks away, they're slow-dissolving, so they're great for vacations. They will lower pH , so the soda ash you have can counteract them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.