moving pool...leveling options

May 26, 2013
Tennessee
Since we are moving our pool we are starting over on leveling the ground. Tedious, and summer may well be done by the time we are but I wanted opinions on how people have leveled their ground. Does anyone suggest a laser level, water level etc? Our last setup was about 2 inches off and that was using a standard bubble level and a 2 x 4. Which I would like something more accurate this time around. Also, another question. When you use patio blocks under the legs, these should be under the tarp or on top of it? Or lift up the tarp at each leg and sit it directly on the block? Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated! :)

I used basically everything :)

When I had the untouch ground, I used a water level. I then used a bobcat to do the rough cuts of earth removal.

After that, I used the transit to give me a good starting point. The majority of the work was done using a 12 ft 2x4 leveling out 3 circles (we have an 18x30).

The final checks for where the track will go was done with a transit all around the perimiter.

Leveling took FOR EVER. Whenever I was ready to give up and say it was good enough and start building the pool, I'd stop for the night and start fresh the next day

I don't have access to a transit. And live in a very small town so renting one isn't an option either. Since we came to within two inches of level before with just the 2x4 method, would using a water level help to get even closer once the initial dig is close to done?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.