Get one of these?

Firstmatepiggy.jpg

:)

I bought something called a "critter skimmer" on amazon and it's amazing. Basically you replace your skimmer lid with this one, that has a little frog sized hole on top with a spiral ramp below, leading down from the hole into your skimmer. Anyone who ends up in your skimmer just climbs up the ramp and hops away. I haven't actually SEEN any frogs climbing out, but I have not found one frog in my pool since I started using it over a month ago. I thought it was much better looking than that frog log thing, what an eye sore. Cons are that there are still plenty of beetles and a few nasty spiders in there, ew. But I'm glad to be saving some frogs.

Yes, the frog logs aren't pretty. And I don't currently have frog logs because our new puppy ate them! So, the ramp idea is looking pretty good!

I can make the same statement that when I had frog logs they did work, I never found a frog in the pool. Now that I have no frog logs I have fished out 2 frogs and a snake!

Yeah the frog logs would never have lasted in our pool either-- my 3-year-old son has too much fun walking around the perimeter of the pool and throwing things in for his sister to retrieve! I knew the second I saw that design they'd never stay put.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.