Mermaids in our pool

8corneflakes

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 13, 2009
Fort Wayne, IN
I couldn't find an appropriate place to post this, but wanted to share something super fun for the pool. For experienced swimmers only, of course. It is amazing how fast she can swim in this. We have a mono-fin (without the fabric covering) that adults use. It is a ferocious ab workout.

TFP and the BM method. Bleach and Muriatic Acid. Wait, maybe the 'BM' is why no one wants to hear how I keep my pool crystal clear!! It is amazing how easy it was once I finally understood water chemistry. In fact, it is second nature to me now. I can usually guess exactly what and how much needs to be added to the water. Thanks TFP!!!!!

Blessedwithfivekids: I bought the fin on amazon and made the skin. My older daughter has the adult fin and I made a skin for her too. It looks super cool in the pool.

8corneflakes said:
TFP and the BM method. Bleach and Muriatic Acid. Wait, maybe the 'BM' is why no one wants to hear how I keep my pool crystal clear!! It is amazing how easy it was once I finally understood water chemistry. In fact, it is second nature to me now. I can usually guess exactly what and how much needs to be added to the water. Thanks TFP!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: and :goodjob:

Blessedwithfivekids: I bought the fin on amazon and made the skin. My older daughter has the adult fin and I made a skin for her too. It looks super cool in the pool.

That's a beautiful mermaid in your pool :-D

What type fabric did you use for the skin?

our neighbor girl had one that she wanted repaired. I repaired it, then made one for my daughter with scraps in 20 minutes. I've seen then online, but never under $200. the one pictured here is actually the 4th one I've made. The skins only last about a season and a half due to the bleach and sun. the mono fin is the expensive part, but they last forever if you don't leave them at the bottom of the pool all year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.