is 150 to high for TA?

I have been shocking my pool for some time, and it just wont get clear. It is still cloudy, blue but cloudy. For example, when I vacuum the pool from the deck. I can barley see the vacuum on the pool floor.
All my levels are testing fine, within normal range. So just wanted to check before I started adding any other things besides chlorine to the pool.
I want my pool back! :(

From a health and safety standpoint, 150 TA is no problem. It really only matters if you have high Calcium levels, in which case, it contributes to scaling. TA is the very last thing you worry about. It's something to play with when everything else is running smooth and you're bored.

Can you post a full set of test results? pool-school/read_before_you_post Cloudy water is almost always - 98% of the time at least - a chemistry issue! "All my levels are testing fine, within normal range" tells us nothing - and the fact that the water is cloudy indicates that the levels are not fine.

Allrighty then!

Since you are in the shock process, make sure you have everything running - there's no point having pristine pool water and then opening the solar and dumping a load of cruddy water that's been stagnant inside into the pool.

Just maintain the shock level, and keep brushing to keep the dead algae in suspension so the filter can grab it.

This is what I was thinking as well. It has been two weeks since the kids have been splashing and enjoying the pool. Then we had so much rain, and cool weather. Going to have the kids jump in splash around and mix up the water. Then I will vacuum and pray I get my pool back. Thanks for the help. I give more attention to my pool these days, than I do my kids, lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.