Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cincysaab95 saying hello from Southwestern, Ohio!

1. Back To Top    #1

Cincysaab95 saying hello from Southwestern, Ohio!

Hello Pool/Spa Owners!

Greetings from Southwestern (Greater Cincinnati area), Ohio. I feel like I'm a newbie at this pool care business as I've had one problem after another since opening our pool on Memorial Day. I've owned an 18' x 36' vinyl lined pool with a Hayward S220T sand filter (changed the sand in '06), 1HP MagneTek pump, Hayward natural gas heater (new in '05), Hayward automatic chlorinator, solar cover, et al, since I purchased my current home in '03. Didn't really have any remarkable problems until installing a new liner in '06.

Purchased a Great Lakes 4-5 person spa in April of '07. Using Nature2 and not having any issues with it. Only issue is I can't find time to use it!

Look forward to learning more about pool and spa care.

Hope everyone has a wonderful summer and enjoys their pools and/or spas and or grills!
    ____________________________________________________________ __________________
    IG VL, 18'x36'x5', Hayward S220T sand filter, Hayward gas heater, MagneTek 1HP pump, Hayward automatic chlorinator, solar cover, Kreepy Krauly. Pool was hole in the ground that I put my money into for the past 5 years but thanks to TFP that changed and I'm enjoying being a pool owner.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome to TFP!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Thanks, Jason. Glad to be here and grateful to Sean and the rest of the folks for making TFP possible!
    IG VL, 18'x36'x5', Hayward S220T sand filter, Hayward gas heater, MagneTek 1HP pump, Hayward automatic chlorinator, solar cover, Kreepy Krauly. Pool was hole in the ground that I put my money into for the past 5 years but thanks to TFP that changed and I'm enjoying being a pool owner.

4. Back To Top    #4
    It's our pleasure. Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

5. Back To Top    #5
    welcome to TFP, from NKY!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Thanks, Joyce! I'm thrilled I found this incredible site!