pool was drained while on vacation

glass

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 24, 2013
kansas
So I went on vacation and before I left I was draining down and refilling my 19,400 gl inground vinyl lined pool. I returned tonight to find that the person watching my house plugged in the pump I was using before I left and completely drained the pool! The liner looks alright, but is loose in the corners. Is it a lost cause? Any comments welcome.

As long as the liner is not brittle, you might be ok. If it were me, I would not add water just yet. I would pull the liner bead out of the track and use a shop vac to get the liner back in place. You'll have to seal the opening with rags and duct tape. When the liner is back in place, leave the shop vac running, and fill with water. Search youtube for videos on installing a new liner and you will see what I'm talking about. Check this video starting at the 3:20 minute mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0l4nmKi1J0
Ignore the part about taping up the skimmer, yours is already cut, since it's already been installed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.