Ecomatic ESC 36 does not turn on with water flow.

Jul 5, 2013
Hey Everyone,

I moved into a house three years ago with a 20k-25k gallon pool. The pool has an Ecomatic ESC 36 system. Every day (after the pump is already running) I have to go outside and flip the Ecomatic off and back on to get it to produce chlorine. Before I flip the switch the two lights are green and the small red light under where the number would be is on (indicating FLOW). A minute after I flip the switch off, then on, the numbers start up and go to 100, to show it is producing chlorine. It then will work all day. If I don't flip the switch though, it never has numbers on the screen and just stays with the two green lights and the FLOW indicator on.

Troubleshooting and reading others tips online I have replaced the cell with a new one (last year), replaced the wires to the cell (old owners dog had chewed on them), upped the salt to between 4500-5000, but still nothing has worked. The pump is a 1hp pump, so it produces plenty of power to the cell. The only thing I have not done is replace the actual Ecomatic that is mounted to the wall because I figure it works fine when I flip the switch. Any one have any ideas???

Thanks,

Gordon

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.