Rain Rain Go Away!!

Fields

Jan 31, 2013
Columbia, SC
It has been raining for the past week and a half!! Some times it's just a steady drizzle but we had had quite a few pour downs! I have had to backwash my pool just about every other day!! I skipped yesterday and went outside to check it a few minutes ago and the water level so high the water was overflowing the skimmer! :grrrr: Is it ok for me to backwash so often. The weather report calls for even more rain next week!! And I'm also concerned with the sand/dirt washing away from the pool wall in a couple of spots. I had my son out in the rain backfilling. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? I have plans to lay down landscaping fabric and river rocks, but with all this rain I can't get out there like I want to. Sorry for the long vent.

AimeeH said:
Cola here too. I've been saying rain rain go away for days. This has been quite an unusual spring into summer. Draining several inches out of the pool almost daily. :rant:

Ugh! So you feel my pain. Lol we've only had our pool for about two months and it has rained just about every day since! I usually love the rain but I would like to get my landscaping done! And at least one pool party! :-D

Fields......I feel your pain. I just ran out in the "sprinkle" to drain another two or so inches to get water level below top of skimmer boxes. Raining harder again. It is sad when the topic of conversation at a social gather with friends becomes "so where is YOUR backwash water going to?" I'm lucky with no neighbors and a lot of land but other friends aren't so lucky and flooding yards. Lol. As if the rain isn't doing it.

We've had to drain (backwash/waste) daily all week and a good bit of last week.

topher said:
i'm loving the rain.. it's free water.. with no CH in it.. and no bad stuff... I wonder if it raises or lowers my ph?

I normally would like SOME rain myself. This year is very very out of character for our climate. We are used to tropical storms but this is constant like 7 or so out of 10 days with inches and inches of rain. Currently our flood warnings and advisories extend until 7/6 and 7/9 respectively.

I'll let you know about PH when I can test :p

Oh and I have pretty much free water anyway as I'm on well with virtually no ch in my water......wish I could send the rain your way :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeas Richard. We all have different issues I've found from reading here. I don't know how much rain we've had the last 10 days but we have had to drain SEVERAL inches of water from pool DAILY for the last 5 or so days. This is not at all like our normal weather pattern here in SC. We are normally dry and around 90-100 degrees daily but not this year. I guess I'm lucky to be on well water so it isn't going to cost me for the refill currently in progress due to last nights fiasco. And I have no ch to deal with.

As much as I love the rains fire prevention, it is driving me nuts when it comes to our pool. We had a hint of algae about two months ago so we took out the steps and cleaned, rose the FC and waited. It would get blue, but never clear up. Then the rains came and it seems like we've been at shock level FOREVER, lol. This past weekend we realized there was mold/algae growing in the little gaps at the top of our vinyl Intex AG. It's been raining so much and we never thought to drain the water down so the algae has just been washing right back in the pool!!! No wonder it would never get clear @ 1/2 jug per day, lol. We are drained now and crossing our fingers we get nice and clear like we were this time last year. I love BBB, still learning :)

Fields.......MORE rain on the way :(

I just checked and at the nearest sc climate station to my house (maybe 5miles) the 30 day rainfall total is over 11 inches. Maybe we'll get to enjoy the pool next summer :(

AimeeH said:
Fields.......MORE rain on the way :(

I just checked and at the nearest sc climate station to my house (maybe 5miles) the 30 day rainfall total is over 11 inches. Maybe we'll get to enjoy the pool next summer :(

Hi Aimee :wave: To my surprise it didn't rain here today!! We have been in the pool since 9 am! It's been cloudy on and off but no rain, thank God. We still have a few more days of rain left according to the weather report, so hopefully by mid week we will all be swimming again! :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.