12x22 ultra frame pool pump

Hi the tfp friends!! Do any of you who have an ultra frame or larger frame pool use the cartridge pump with the inwall skimmer that comes with it? Or has everyone upgrade to a pump and sand or de filter? Wondering if we can get away with using the cartridge filter for this year as we have a lot of work and cost cut out for us with the pool as it is without re doing the pool plumbing as well. But if it means the pool will be better off then we will do it! :cool:

The first 2 years i used the cartridge filter that came with the pool it was okay untill i got algea then when i tried to vacuum the dead algea i noticed that everthing was returning back to the pool.so this year the first thing i did was to get the intex 2650 sand filter and it has been working really really good

There is a lady who has filled in the pool in her yard *gasp*.

She is playing kinda hardball considering there are probably only a handful of people around the area here who have or want to have a pool. She is saying she paid 700 for the pump and only used it one season. She wants 400 for it and the sand filter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
kshuf said:
It's 13x22 52"height. :)
I guess that should be obvious from your title :oops:

That pool should be around 8600 gallons. So we would recommend as minimums:
  • 1.6 sq. ft. sand filter
    128 sq. ft. cartridge filter
    24 sq. ft. DE filter

Although the Intex 2650 filter pump combo is a little small for your pool (1.4 sq. ft. sand filter) it would be a good value and can usually be found for under $200 (sometimes under $150)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.