Wall whale

giulietta1

In The Industry
Mar 29, 2007
Knippa, Texas
I bought the Wall Whale from Leslie's and I really like it. It's a nylon-bristle brush with a "fin" or "spoiler" that uses the force of the water to press the brush to the pool wall. It's a standard-size brush (18" or 21", not sure) that attaches to a telescoping pool pole. The fin can be removed and attached to a new brush when the original one wears out.

It's a little awkward to work with at first, but it's really great once you get used to it! Makes it a lot easier to give the pool walls a thorough brushing.

Jules

I give the wall whale a big thumbs up :goodjob:
I hated briushing my last pool with the regular brush - always had difficulties trying to get the technique just right. This time, I purchased teh wall whale and it is a snap to get the pool brushed. I am short and always had to place my weight on the reg brush, not with the wall wale, it does half the work for you.
Thank you again for comments on this product - never would have given it a second look if I saw it at the pool store. Veery happy with my purchase and highly recommend to others in need of a brush!

From_Arizona said:
Thank you again for comments on this product - never would have given it a second look if I saw it at the pool store. Veery happy with my purchase and highly recommend to others in need of a brush!

Glad I could provide some helpful info. As a follow-up, I have the comment that the brush it comes with is not extremely high quality, but you can replace the brush with any standard 18" pool brush.

Since I am new to pool ownership (<1 year), I'm not entirely sure what the usual life span of a nylon pool brush should be. I thought it ought to be more than one season, tho. The brush on my "Wall Whale" is not at the end of its life, but it does show noticeable wear.

Well, so much for that invention... :)

It seems I'm often coming up with ideas for what I think are new things that turn out to already exist. This is one of them. I'm going to have to get one of these as brushing the usual way is putting strain on my bad back.

Here's another happy wall whaler! Thanks for your input guys. I bought this solely because of how good y'all said this worked (well, It was on sale for 19.99 too). It is so much easier to brush the walls now (even with one hand) and it is easier to apply more pressure while your brushing the floor.

I've got to give this whale brush a try. My new plaster wore out my nylon brush. I bought a 50/50 brush (.5 stailess steel, .5 nylon) and there is a huge difference. My new brush does not need that much pressure, but on the deep end I have to apply some pressure when I get to the bottom or it will come off the wall. Do you guys have this issue with the Whale brush?

JCJR said:
I've got to give this whale brush a try. My new plaster wore out my nylon brush. I bought a 50/50 brush (.5 stailess steel, .5 nylon) and there is a huge difference. My new brush does not need that much pressure, but on the deep end I have to apply some pressure when I get to the bottom or it will come off the wall. Do you guys have this issue with the Whale brush?

No, as long as there is forward (downward) motion of the brush, the fin on the whale provides pressure against the surface you are brushing.

OMG....just bought this morning. WOW! I am so impressed. I have back issues so I typically can not get 1/2 around pool with out back hurting. I did the whole pool (walls only) in under 10m - not a single back complaint and I did not even break a sweat. This thing is awsome!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had to post my own thumbs up for the Wall Whale. After reading this thread and a couple others like it, I ordered one for myself from PoolGeek.com (using my TFP discount of course!)

It works great and makes brushing the walls a much easier task. Even my 9 year sold can do it with ease. :goodjob:

Not long after we bought this house (with our first pool!) my wife came home from the pool store with a Wall Whale. Our deep end is 9 feet and those tall walls were a real bear to scrub down with a standard brush. The Wall Whale does all of the "press firmly against the side" work and all I have to do is push the pole downward. It's an awesome idea. :)

It also moves a LOT of water when you use it, so it does a fantastic job of mixing chemicals into the water. 8)

Another 2 thumbs up! Brushing is one job I have always hated, so on all the recommendations here, I picked one up the other day. I just tried it out for the first time this morning and I am amazed at how well it works. Gotta love ingenious minds who think this stuff up........just wish mine was one of them. :roll:

Got Wall Whale over the weekend, and two more thumbs up from me. Ticks me off that I didn't think of it first. :x

Only downside is the brush is 3" narrower than my old one. I may swap the whale over to the other brush.

Re:

SeanB said:
I had to post my own thumbs up for the Wall Whale. After reading this thread and a couple others like it, I ordered one for myself from PoolGeek.com (using my TFP discount of course!)

How does one go about getting a discount at these places for being a TFP member?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.