Question On Borax and Fresh Plaster

Ugmul

Jun 13, 2013
Tucson Az
Hello All,

So my Pool has become crystal clear, its wonderfull. My only problem right now is Tucson Monsoon rain and Fresh plaster, are casuing PH to rise pretty rapidly. This week I had to add 15oz of MA every day it rained to drop it from 7.8 to 7.5. I am pretty sure this is just the plaster and rain, but I was wondering if adding some Borax to condition the water will help any. I have been thinking about this addition this week, I wanted some opinions on if it will affect fresh plaster or not.

Also, Sunlight is still creating havoc on my FC levels, Im seeing drops of 3-4ppm pr day, <.5 at night. CC still at zero. My current CYA is 40, Suggested range is 30-50 for CYA for my pool, which puts Target FC at 5ish. I was told to keep it around 5 for the plaster so I was thinking this would be a good number to hold. So I'm looking for some advice, if I bump CYA to 50, and target FC will be around 6ish, would this cause any complications for the plaster? I don’t think it will, I belive the guy was just a sales man quoting numbers to me.

Anyone else in Southern Arizona care to comment on their CYA levels for our high levels of heat and constant sunlight?

Thanks!

Current Levels
FC: 5
PH: 7.5
CC: 0
CYA: 40
TA: 120
CH: 180

Not with TA at 120, I would not add it. Get it around 70-80 then go for it. Keep lowering pH to 7.2 and it'll get there eventually.

Has your pool builder talked to you about CH levels? I'm wondering if it's time to get that level up, or if you need to wait. I would talk to them though, as they are the ones warrantying the pool.

I see no problem taking CYA to 50 and raising FC a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.