TA and CH questions...

Haley

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2013
Washington
Hi all,

3rd day of new fill and looking pretty good on my numbers:

FC: 5.5
PH: 7.5 (ever so slightly increasing the last three days)
TA: 160 (fluctuates up and down the last 3 days, not by much)
CH: 120 (slowly declining by increments of 20 the last 3 days)
CYA: 35
CC: 0

I'm just tweaking and adjusting where needed, but I don't really know what to put in the Pool Calculator for my "goal" for TA and CH (or do I just use the Pool Calc's goal number?) When I read Pool School and the ABC's (for vinyl pools), TA and CH has such a large range of numbers. :uhh:

What am I really shooting for with TA and CH? For instance, it says for TA, "60-120, sometimes higher." How high is too high, because I'm at 160?

For CH, it says, "50-300." Right in the middle should be pretty good then, right?

Thanks for any input! :flower:

Ignore CH since you have vinyl (actually very high CH values can cause clouding in any pool...but that is much higher >500 ppm).

Your TA is a little high, but I would let it come down naturally by lower ph down to 7.2 whenever it gets up to 7.8. Doing this will also slowly lower your TA.

Excellent, thank you. I saw in ABC's that there's no need for calcium in my vinyl pool. How often should I test for that since it's only of real concern when it gets too high? Once a week? Once every two weeks?

I'll do what you said; when my PH gets to 7.8, I'll lower it (via Pool Calculator's recommendations) and see it lower my TA as well. Awesome!

Thank you!!!! :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.