How strong are Intex walls?

Jul 5, 2013
Growing up we had an above ground pool with steel walls. Us kids always pushed off the wall to go from side to side. We are looking at an Intex 16 X 48 Ultra frame pool which of course only has the liner. If my kids (10 and 8)kick off the sides, will the pool handle it? Are they pretty tough?
Thanks!!
Rob

My kids do it all the time even though I tell them not too. They are 11 and 8 and it doesnt seem to bother the pool,but I dont like it at all. As linen stated it could bend a joint if done in just the right spot with enough force.

Not sure about ultra frame but the bliw up rings are very tough. I jumped the wall and slid in mine all the time. Putting my 300lb frome on the wall never showed sign if weakening. Now the wife with mower is another story.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

We have a pro series with the metal legs and pretty much all of us push off of the sides all the time (I'm not a small guy). We love to play pool games (Marco polo, sharks and minnows, etc.) and we are not very gentle on the walls. We've had the current pool for three years and it's still going strong!
I think the roughest thing we do to the pool is a wave pool. A couple of us get in the middle and move up and down and the water pushes out to the walls then back to the middle. When it comes back to the middle it's a foot and a half higher than the pool walls and then rocks back out to the sides. We do it when the water gets too warm and top it off to cool it back down.
We put the pool through it's paces and it takes it.

I do the wave pool too. :whoot:

I don't bounce in the middle. I grab a floaty and rest my forearms on it, stand about 2 feet from the side facing the side, tilt the floaty about 45 degrees and start bouncing, adjusting to match the rhythm of the pool.

Wait... somehow that turned out sounding dirty. :twisted: :lol:

Anyway, it's fun and the pool frame doesn't seem to mind.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.