Cal-Hypo cloudying pool

TCJ4

Jan 19, 2013
Aruba
I added some cal-hypo last night to raise the FC because it was very low so i added a bit too much,i think 26 oz.so i predissolve it in a bucket then threw it in the pool and in a few min the whole pool turned cloudy and it always happpens when i add Cal-hypo.

Wondering why and how long can it take to become clear again?

BTW: i have about 11 lb of Cal hypo ,it's the pool shock from IN THE SWIM

I'm now seriously thinking of going with bleach,but whole family is scared of swimming in a pool filled with bleah.i already explained that it's the same chlorine as the tablet but they won't listen

Also this year instead of buying some expensive alkalinity increaser at the pool store i just went to the grocery store and bought four boxes of baking soda for half the price

Calhypo = method of getting bleach (chlorine) into the pool
Trichlor - method of getting chlorine into pool
dichlor - you get the idea I'm getting at.

Go to the pool store and ask to see a bottle of liquid shock. Note the ingredients. Now get a bottle of Clorox, and read ingredients. Make sure the family gets to read them.

Chlorine is an element. You can't change that, unless you have a super-collider nearby.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SWG becomes valuable when you travel. It is a way of keeping your FC up at all times even when you are not home.

It will be fairly easy for you to keep enough bottles of bleach around. My pool at 10x the size of yours, was a pain. Buying pallets of bleach wasn't fun. :)

Yeah i already told them it's exactly the same thing sodium hypochloride there just scared i think because here everybody does what the pool store tells them without any questions.

Not me when i went to buy the alkalinity increaser the sales person kept telling me that i can't use baking soda in pools,i asked her why not because there exactlly the same thing

Ok maybe i'll order one for the next pool because the current intex is old and it has like 20 patched holes and now it has to leaks that i cannot seem to patched them and the pool is a little small

Ok the water is clear back again.so i just check the FC is 2ppm and CC is 0 ppm and PH is 7.5
Do you guys think i should add more chlorine tonight or just leave it a that level because somebody here told me i could be algea but the water is clear again and the whole day the FC only dropped 0.5 ppm?

Btw i have a 3" trichlor in the pool and./ in the morning was the FC 2.5 and now it's 2ppm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.