Time for new equipment?

Jul 5, 2013
My SWG Jandy 1400 had error code 170. No buttons worked, even Salinity to turn off the beeping. I replaced the backboard, and had the front board checked out by an expert IC company in Austin, TX. I mailed the entire unit to them, so they could power it up and everything. They got no error codes, but checked for burned components and bad soldering on front board anyway. Clean bill of health, in their opinion. When I reinstalled it, the 170 code came up immediately. My questions include:
1. Is there a way to reset that unit as if from factory? Maybe a magic hidden reset button?
2. My Aquapure OneTouch now doesn't show any salt ppm on the display, but it did prior to the 170 code showing on the control unit.
3. If the control unit is good, could the salt cell (which is very clean) be creating the problem? Is that why Austin had no error code (not connected to a salt cell) but I do? If so, can the cell be tested? The 2 brand name companies locally say that can test Hayward but not Jandy.
4. What else could be causing the 170 code?

Given that the entire system is 7 yrs old, is it just time to swap out for a Hayward SWG and walk away from the current Jandy? I'd rather not spend big money right now. I don't think I have enough proof that it's all failed to spend a thousand bucks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.