Solar Covered and Debris challenged

J

JoseJones

Thank Vishnu for TFP!

Well our "swimming hole" was outfitted with a super-sexy neon blue solar pool cover a couple of weeks ago, and it's the talk of the house. We LOVE us some solar pool cover!

I haven't taken a temp of the pool. We're in Northern CA, in Marin County and the weather hasn't been "pool" weather for a month, but DANG, the Hole is on FIRE! The HOLE is on FIRE! The weather finally cooperated on Friday on and the Wife thinks I'm a GENIUS!

Anyway, there's one rub....Seems like the solar cover also loves collecting debris. It's like a debris magnet. I guess I must of cleaned/skimmed the pool a lot more when it was naked, or something? But there's a ton of Crud on the cover and SURPRISE! when you take it off the pool there is a cornucopia of leaves on the bottom - Yippee!

Evasive Manuvers

What I've already tried the last couple days of OFF and ON cycles is to blow the debris with the leave blower before I pull it off. But the sun baked/caked brown stuff sticks to the cover and as I get it wet it oozes into the pool.

Granted, the pool has been out of site, out of mind for a while, but as I pull off the cover there is this nice brown water going into the pool (Yummy!). I'm thinking their has to be a better way about this? Or is this it? Please covered brotha and sista's let me know what is right.

Sincerely,

Once naked, but now Solar Covered

This was a most entertaining post to read to be sure.

Not much you can do about it...figure if you didn't have the cover on, it would be in your pool anyway.

I just scoop the big stuff out with a net as it drops in and figure the filter will get the rest anyway.

To me the solar cover is worth it to deal with the slight mess.

With the pump on, use a garden hose to wash the debris off the cover into the skimmer. Most all of it will go straight in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.