New here w/questions re: Intext 10 X 30 Easy Set & bleach

I just found your website and have been reading Pool School and your recommendations for temporary pools - so helpful! :goodjob:

Before finding TFP, I was planning to follow the recommendations of another website, but I really like the pool calculator here and it seems so much easier to just "start-up".

I am currently waiting for Kem-Tek All-In-One granules, Algaecide and pH minus to come from Amazon (also by Kem-Tek) - ordered these on recommendations from other site. I have an HTH 6 way test kit. I started filling our pool this morning and added 15 oz of 6% bleach per the pool calculator. My readings after this for pH = 7.2 and CL = 7-10. I have a solar cover on it now and plan to let the kids swim in a few hours.

After reading through your recommendations for temporary pools, it seems that I would be able to use just bleach until my Amazon orders arrive... Would it be correct to think I could just be sure to maintain my pH between 7.2 - 7.8 and keep the CL from 3 - 7? With only using bleach and not something with CYA in it for now, I am thinking I would need to test every 3 to 4 hours to make sure the CL is keeping up with swimmers and the sun... In the evenings I thought I could add enough bleach per the pool calculator to get the CL to 12 to "shock" the water.

Am I waaaaay off ???? :roll: and if so - could you make recommendations for me for what to do until my chemicals arrive? Amazon says they should all be here by Tues, July 9th.

I currently have 1 half gallon of 6% bleach, 1 gallon of 8.25% bleach, 1 box of Borax, the HTH 6 way tester, one 1 lb pack of HTH pool shock granules that I tried to use a few days ago but they didn't dissolve - so I drained the pool and started over, one 3 inch HTH super tab that I broke into 10 pieces (don't ask!) and a solar cover.

Thank you so much,
Jenny :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.