TroubleFreePat

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
So I stopped out at the new Leslie's they just opened up in town. Brought some water in for a test to compare to my ColorQ results since I've read mixed reviews about them (As well as mixed reviews about Leslie's in general.)

The gentlemen doing the tests did not have a pool when I asked him - he HAD one for 30 years and had enough! I asked how he liked the Taylor kit, since that's what he was using (With a speed stir) and he said it was fine, mainly because that's all he's ever known. He definitely seemed like he knew what he was doing. I told him I was comparing the results to my ColorQ, and he never had a bad word to say and never tried to push anything on me. Very courteous (This is in Springfield, PA, for any locals interested.)

Anyway - my ColorQ results -
FC: 2.45
TCL: 2.52
pH: 7.3
TA: 71
CH: 138
CYA: 36

Leslie's Taylor results:
FC: 3
TCL: 3
pH: 7.6
TA: 60
CH: 70
CYA: 40

So really, the only differences I see are the pH and CH. I'm going to be adding more CYA shortly, as well as calcium chloride. I plan to bring the CH up to 250 based on my ColorQ, then I'll take a sample back. Being as there's such a large range allowed for CH, if that's the only real questionable result, I'm happy. Would be nice for a little more accuracy on the pH, but. . .

Anyway, thought I'd share.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.