Need to reinforce track ... ideas?

AprilNC

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
I'm a little unsure about this vinyl piece that we had to use to replace the rusted out one on this ABP ... I feel like we need to reinforce it some how to prevent possible blow out when we fill the pool.

The two options I thought of were 1. driving rebar stakes into the ground on the outside of the pool. 2. adding 24gauge sheet metal to the inside of the steel wall. We have also thought of backfilling the area which would be about 1 to 1.5 feet ... although I have heard that you don't want to backfill until after you have the pool full.

Should I do one, or both, or all 3 ... or do you have other ideas?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    403.6 KB · Views: 64
I am not an expert but I assume the wall provides the majority of the strength and the railing is there to keep the shape and protect the edge. If you have the proper cove on the inside, I would think it would be fine.

Is this a photo of a steel wall with a wood grain pattern?

Yes, the steel has a wood grain pattern - although it is mostly faded out on the other side. I have no idea what kind of pool it is - we are the 4th owners LOL!

I drove some rebar into the ground to help hold it into place, but yeah, I was thinking that the steel wall carried most of the weight. We are going to go ahead and backfill once the pool is filled ... assuming we get that far LOL!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.