Intex SWG and Timer Question

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
a thought prompted by another thread.... I have my pump on a timer and have the Intex SWG. My SWG will automatically start when it is plugged in and run for the progarammed time. After that, it will start again at the time it was plugged in. I don't haves it plugged into the timer. We have had a few power outages here recently. The SWG tries to start when power is restored but if the timer has the pump ioff, then it gets the low flow warning. Is there a reason not to plug the SWG into the timer?

Depends on the model of intex swg, a few years ago intex started shipping them with apparent non-volitale memory that would remember the run time...I think this was the same time they added the (stupid) copper bars and reduced the chlorine output by 1/2...somewhere around 2010. If you have one of these then I would think it will work. If you have the older (non copper and twice the chlorine output) swg, then it will go back to the default run time when power is lost and then restored.

crokett said:
Why they would ship it without NVRAM at all is beyond me. I disconnected the copper bars on mine.
Save money maybe, mine has no NVRAM but still worth the short money. So you gain the better memory but the older ones pump out more chlorine. 3 to 4 hours a day is plenty for my 18'x33' pool. Maybe I could bodge the new and old type together to make a better one.... :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.