Full test: +CYA, test result same, losing my mind!

Speedo

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2011
Last Wednesday I added 24 oz of stabilizer (1.5 lbs). Which should have raised CYA by 13 ppm. I realized that I hadn't been doing the test properly (previous result was 30, slightly less). Tonight (7:30pm) I did the test again, outside -- sun shining, turned my back and checked the dot. It went all the way up to 30! Actually over. I have another 1.5 lbs on hand, should I give it more time and re-test or add more?

Last night I took FC up to 8, it's now at 5. We had 4 adults swimming for about 2 hours and the pool gets full sun (very sunny today too) until at least 7pm when it gets partial sun during the remainder.

Full test results:
FC = 5
pH is 7.2
TA = 70
CH = 120
CYA = 30 (or less)

Also -- pH has been 7.2 even though I've aerated 2 nights in the past week or so, I'm aerating again tonight too.

Maybe I should go ahead and add more CYA along with some baking soda (31 oz). Thoughts..?

Thanks,
Aaron

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.